College of Fine Arts – University of Diyala
The powers and duties of the respected Dean of the College
The dean of the college exercises the following powers to run the college business and implement its goals
First: Academic Powers:
- College administration in terms of scientific, administrative, educational, cultural and financial terms.
- Instructing the implementation of university decisions regarding the college.
- Follow up the progress of primary and postgraduate studies in the college.
- Presiding over the faculty council and its academic bodies and submitting their minutes to the university president for approval.
- Preparing quarterly and annual scientific reports on the college’s activities.
- Approving the recommendations of the department and branch councils.
- Scientific and administrative supervision of the activities of the scientific departments and the advisory office.
- Recommending the appointment of department heads and the dean’s assistants.
- Apply all instructions and regulations issued regarding the regulation of scientific and educational affairs and decisions issued by the College Board.
- Calling the College Council to meet in extraordinary sessions.
- Forming the main committees in the college and issuing administrative orders related to them.
- Forming faculty examination committees and committees for printing examination questions.
- Evaluate the annual performance of faculty members in consultation with department heads.
- Representing the college in meetings and seminars.
- Appointing heads of academic branches, unit officers and director of the computer center in the college.
- Recommending the secondment of teaching services inside the country according to the University Service Law.
Second: Administrative Powers:
The Dean of the College exercises the following administrative powers:
- Granting faculty members, researchers, employees, technicians and administrators annual bonuses for them in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, decisions and instructions.
- Signing contracts for the employment of Arab and foreign teachers, researchers, experts, and technicians, setting the conditions for their employment, as well as terminating their services in accordance with the terms of the contract, decisions and instructions in force.
- Dispatching all faculty members, including teachers, researchers, administrative staff, and workers inside the country for a period of sixty (60) days for scientific purposes or for training students or for other purposes required by the college’s interest and its basic tasks, granting them the prescribed delegation allocations and recommending their dispatch to outside the country for the aforementioned purposes and according to the instructions.
- Recommendation to transfer holders of higher degrees (master’s and doctorate) and their level.
- Approaching all state departments and institutions (except for the higher authorities and the offices of the ministers) in all matters related to the affairs of the college from the scientific and educational aspects within the competence of the college except for what is related to the university policy.
- Approval of the use of the services of teachers and researchers by state departments and in accordance with the University Service Law.
- Accepting the resignation of employees, technicians and administrators in accordance with the provisions of the relevant articles in the applicable civil service law after making sure that they have fulfilled obligations towards the state, if any, as well as clearing their debts according to the rules, except for the teaching staff (MN 117 of 1988).
- Approval of teaching full-time after approval of the recommendation that they be discharged by the relevant department or branch and the College Board and granting them the allowances decided in return for that.
- Approval of the travel of teachers and all other employees outside Iraq during the academic year (in cases of necessity that do not violate the teaching process) to enjoy the regular leave according to the provisions of the law, as well as approval for the travel of the aforementioned during official holidays (spring and summer), provided that the dates fixed in the university calendar are observed in relation to the separation and direct.
- 10- Paying the regular leave salaries for teachers who are referred to retirement from their university and non-university services accumulated up to (180) days in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph (e) of Article (9) of the University Service Law No. (142) for the year (1976) as amended and the service instructions University number (3) for the year (1979), as well as regular leave salaries for employees and administrators referred to retirement, social security, and the applicable instructions.
- Notify those absent from the official working hours without legitimate excuse from the faculty, technical and administrative staff, and issue orders as resigning from their jobs after the end of the notification period according to the provisions of the laws in force and the instructions issued thereunder, taking into account the notification of the Legal Department of the University Center regarding those who have obligations with the state to take action regarding Settlement of those obligations according to their pledges and contracts signed with the university or other departments.
- Recommendation to change the addresses of the technical and administrative staff in the cases that necessitate this according to the discretion of the Deanship according to the degrees approved by the faculty staff, provided that the controls communicated by the university regarding changing addresses are observed.
- 13- Referring the technical and administrative employees to retirement upon reaching the sixty-third year of age under the aforementioned condition in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Retirement Law No. 33 of 1966 as amended.
- Determine the official working hours within the officially prescribed hours according to the need and the nature of work in the college
- Granting a leave of marital accompaniment to teaching staff, researchers, and technical and administrative staff in accordance with the provisions of laws, decisions and instructions in force in the college.
- Assigning the leadership of academic departments and branches in the college (agency) for one academic semester.
- Granting rewards in cash and in kind to their workers in cases and occasions requiring honor, motivation and encouragement, not exceeding the amount of (50,000) fifty thousand dinars for each case, provided that the provisions of the laws, regulations and instructions in force and the conditions for the availability of financial allocations are taken into consideration.
- Conducting the transfer of employees in light of the need and the college’s interest, after coordination between the two colleges, provided that the University / Division of Planning and Follow-up / Owners shall be provided with a copy of the administrative order governing the transfer for the purpose of documenting this in the owners ’records as per the rules.
- Granting vacations to faculty members during the spring holidays.
- Appointing the top ten students to the college and providing the university with copies of their appointment orders for the purpose of marking and after the availability of certified staff.
- Approval of students’ registration for studies.
- Approval of the recommendations of the committees formed in the college.
- To authorize the heads of departments, assistants and unit officials some powers required by the public interest and issue administrative orders in this regard.
Third: Financial Powers:
- Granting allocations of all kinds and in accordance with the laws, decisions, instructions and controls issued by the competent authority and in accordance with the provisions of the University Service Law No. 176 of the year (1976) amended.
- Approval of the purchase and import of laboratory means and other supplies, magazines and books, according to the legislation in force.
- Approving the payment of rewards for those outside the university for training and teaching inside the college, supervising messages, and participating in the comprehensive examination committees and discussion committees according to the legislation in force.
- Spending on all the chapters and materials of the college’s budget and within the limits of the powers stipulated in the law of implementing the annual state budget, and in the event that it is not mentioned in that law, then its authority to spend is up to (10,000,000) ten million Iraqi dinars in each case.
- Approval of the commitment and the referral of various undertakings and contracts related to the conduct of the activities of the educational college and within the limits of the powers mentioned in paragraph (4) above.
- Granting periods and approving additional statements for all works or undertakings mentioned in paragraphs (4 and 5) above.
- Approval of the designs, maps and studies conducted by the engineering divisions or engineering consultancy offices concerned with expansions or additions to the buildings and facilities of the college or its affiliates.
- Agreeing to write off damaged and destroyed state funds for reasons other than approved negligence, up to a limit of (one million dinars).
- Providing in-kind gifts of no more than the value of (50,000) fifty thousand dinars for each case to the official and private government agencies.